Thursday, April 3, 2008

China 2005






Giving & receiving is one of the most rewarding things in life. I had thought that running a music school was well and enough for me till I was invited or you may say "sought-after".. cheh-wa! to be involved in a Praise & Worship Conference. The invitation was to take on the role as a session Bass and Guitar player for Chuck Hong, a famous Taiwanese christian artiste who is also a songwriter. The conference was held in CHINA! It was my first time travelling out of South East Asia and I was so exited. Little did I know that long distance flights could be quite a challenge. Nevertheless, we had a great time conducting music workshops in the day and leading P&W in the evenings. There were about 200 people throughout the entire conference.




The journey was from KL --> Singapore --> Hong Kong ---> Guong Zhou and we travelled by car to our destination as well (can't remember how long it took us to reach exactly but .. it was really long)..was really exhausted by the time we reached there. The first 3 pictures include my fellow musicians from KL and Taiwan :-(). Chuck is seated in the middle in the 1st picture.



It's really funny that a "banana chinese" like me could teach music in China. Well it dquite tough at first but by being determined, 'thick-skin' (I didn't mind being teased) and with the help of some sign language (yeah sign language!, I had to basicaly point to order food and stuff) it was pretty alright...sign-language was really useful.. ha ha!!


People were very friendly and hospitable. They really made sure that I was comfortable all the time. Of course nothing rocks harder than the FOOD!! Home-cooked chinese food all the way man!.. I think I ate lots of vegetables, probably more than what I had had in my lifetime during those 10 days.. gorgeous! and my mandarin improved tremendously *I guess*


Then we spent the rest of our spare time sightseeing: mountains, valleys, streams, fields.. my goodness, the scenery was breathtaking especially when we visited the mountains. It was summer time, perfect time for going outdoors.


I came home a new person. New chapters in life to write about and I really thank God for the oportunity that came. I learnt that passion for God's renown connects and go beyond any culture and age group. I was truly touched.


"May the people who know their God do great exploits"

No comments: